Career Development offers specialized resources to assist you in exploring potential careers and determining which ones might suit your specific interests and aptitudes. A career coach is available to discuss your career interests and recommend activities to help you actively engage in career exploration. We can also assist you with interpreting the results of a variety of career inventories, including:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your session or make an appointment through Handshake.
Begin your exploration here!
Focus 2 Career Planning Software
An online, interactive career & education planning system that combines self assessment, career exploration and decision making into one comprehensive program. Visit https://www.focuscareer2.com/Portal/Login.cfm?SID=756 to create an account and login. The access code when creating a new account is mountie.
We recommend meeting with a career coach to discuss the details of your results. Contact email@example.com to schedule your session or make an appointment via Handshake.
After completing the Focus 2, visit the Career Resources for Research tab to explore details of career paths.
Follow the SUCCESS acronym to find success in your career!
Get started on your career plan by scheduling an appointment with Career Development through Handshake!
Career Development uses Handshake to schedule appointments! If you are a current student at Mount Aloysius College, follow these instructions for scheduling an appointment in Handshake:
1. Navigate to mtaloy.joinhandshake.com/login and log into your account.
2. Once you are logged into your account, click on the Career Center box in the top right-hand corner of the page.
3. Select the "Appointments" box.
4. Choose "Select a New Appointment" and follow the remaining prompts to schedule your appointment - be sure to choose the appropriate school year, desired appointment type, and best available time for your schedule. When prompted, please give us as much detail as possible so that we can prepare for your appointment.
5. You will receive an email confirmation for your appointment. Please make sure to send your resume/cover letter ahead of time if applicable.
6. Finally, show up for the appointment prepared and on-time!
Note: If you are an incoming student or an alumni of the College who is unfamiliar with Handshake, contact Sarah Kordish (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly to schedule an appointment. You may not have access to Handshake yet, but we would be happy to get you set up with an account!
Visit our website: https://www.mtaloy.edu/academics/career-professional-development/
Email us: email@example.com