Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A listing of psychology databases we subscribe to.
Note: You will be asked to enter your MAC login and password if you are connecting from off-campus.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection is a comprehensive database covering topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry and psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods.
PsycNET includes both the PsycINFO and PsycARTICLES databases.
PsycINFO is an abstracting and indexing database covering scholarly books, journals, and dissertations. Most are NOT full-text. More than 2 million records from the early 1800s to the present are included, making this a comprehensive listing for information on research topics in psychology.
PsycARTICLES is a FULL-TEXT database of more than 50 journals published by APA and other publishers in subject areas such as applied psychology, health, theory, research, social personality, and more.
This database provides abstracts and indexing for more than 640 titles, with over 540 titles available in full text. Many titles are indexed in PsycINFO. Coverage ranges from behavioral, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics.
Latest News Feeds from APA PsycPORT
Finding Journal Articles in APA PsycInfo to Answer Your Research Question
Books - Browse by Call Number
Browse the shelves at the call numbers below for information on your topic. These are some general areas of psychology that may be of interest to you.
- BF 1-990 Psychology
- BF 173-175.5 Psychoanalysis
- BF 176-176.5 Psychological tests and testing
- BF 180-198.7 Experimental psychology
- BF 309-499 Consciousness. Cognition
- BF 501-505 Motivation
- BF 511-593 Affection. Feeling. Emotion
- BF 608-635 Will. Volition. Choice. Control
- BF 636-637 Applied psychology. Counseling
- BF 660-685 Comparative psychology. Animal and human psychology
- BF 692-692.5 Psychology of sex. Sexual behavior
- BF 697-697.5 Differential psychology. Individuality. Self
- BF 698-698.9 Personality
- BF 699-711 Genetic psychology
- BF 712-724.85 Developmental psychology, including infant psychology, child psychology, adolescence, adulthood
- BF 725-727 Class psychology
For neurophysiology and neuropsychology:
You may also find books on psychiatry useful. Some of those call numbers are found below.
- RC 435-571 Psychiatry
- RC 475-489 Therapeutics. Psychotherapy
- RC 490-499 Hypnotism and hypnosis. Suggestion therapy
- RC 500-510 Psychoanalysis
- RC 512-569.5 Psychopathology
- RC 512-528 Psychoses
- RC 530-552 Neuroses
- RC 554-569.5 Personality disorders. Behavior problems including sexual problems, drug abuse, suicide, child abuse
- RC 569.7-571 Mental retardation. Developmental disabilities
For child psychiatry:
- RJ 499-507 Child psychiatry
Search the Library Catalog
Search for books and audiovisual materials on psychology in our collection.
APA Style Guides
Get information on citing sources in APA style.
Citation Style Guides
Use this guide to find examples of citations, quick guides and useful websites for three common citation styles - APA, MLA and Chicago.
Psychology and Counseling Liaison Librarian