Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is the landing page for the Open Educational Resources (OER) created and used at Mount Aloysius College. Use the tabs at the top of the page to explore course-specific resources.
What are OER?
Open Educational Resources (OER) are teaching and learning materials (usually digital) that at distributed at no cost under an open copyright license.
OER can include:
- Lesson Plans
- Entire Courses
- Study Guides
- Interactive Media
The Five Rs
What makes OER unique from other learning resources are the Five Rs. These are:
- Retain: The right to make, own, and control copies of content
- Reuse: The right to use the content in a variety of ways (in class, on Canvas, in a video, etc.)
- Revise: The right to modify, adapt, or alter the content
- Remix: The right to combine the content (original or revised) with other open content to create a new resource
- Redistribute: The right to share the original content, your revisions, and your remixes with others
Add Your Resources!
Questions? Resources to add?
Please contact Maggie Lykens at email@example.com.